This package provides visible, buffer local, bookmarks and the ability to jump forward and backward to the next bookmark.
It was created because I missed the bookmarks from M$ Visual Studio in GNU Emacs. I think they provide an easy way to navigate in a buffer.
- Toggle bookmarks. Jump to next/previous bookmark.
- Setting bookmarks based on a regexp. (Useful when searching logfiles.)
- Mouse navigation.
- Annotate bookmarks.
- Different wrapping modes.
- Different bookmarks styles, line-only, fringe-only or both.
- Persistent bookmarks (buffer local), also in non-file buffers (*info*) and indirect buffers.
- List bookmarks (in all buffers) in a separate buffer.
- Cycle through bookmarks in all open buffers.
Reviews and comments
- A Couple Of Useful Emacs Modes
- A Visual Bookmarks package for Emacs
- Bookmark Mania
- EmacsWiki: VisibleBookmarks
- A couple of useful Emacs modes
- Part of Debian package: emacs-goodies-el
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with GNU Emacs; see the file COPYING. If not, write to the Free Software Foundation, 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
Jo Odland (jo.odland(at)gmail.com)
You can also clone the project with Git by running:
$ git clone git://github.com/joodland/bm